Sunday, June 24, 2007

How Quickly a Year Passes

A lot has happened over the past year. In my personal life, there was loss early on and again recently. There was also happiness when "My Girl" became a teenager and when I was reawarded Microsoft MVP. Just when I needed it most, Bill Pytlovany made my day.

The big excitement over the past year was caused by Microsoft with the release of Internet Explorer 7 and, of course, "The WOW" release of Office 2007 and Windows Vista.

So, what is all the reminiscing for? Security Garden is one year old today. In celebration, I pushed the button to upgrade to the "new" Blogger. Except for some minor tweaks here and there, the "Construction Zone" here at Security Garden is just about cleaned up. With help from Blogcrowds, the conversion to three columns was fairly simple. I kept the same "Harbor" template but made some custom changes. Replacing the "lighthouse" gif accompanying each post with a mini-version of my rose avatar was a natural change. Removing the lighthouse from the background and some of the extra "foo-foo" seems to have lightened the load.

Check out the new feature for accessing Windows Vista Bookmarks. Just click on the link in the sidebar to see the Table of Contents page. From there you can go directly to the page to access the bookmarks. Pretty slick!

I am sure I will be making more changes along the way, but this is a good start. I hope you like the changes as much as I do.

Security Garden is dedicated to my friend and mentor.





Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first year, Corrine. I have to admit to being surprised that you've only been doing this for one year. I discovered the blog about six or eight moths ago, and thought you were an old pro. (No offense meant by "old".)

I have recommended your blog to many people, once on The Stadium Wall section of Two Bills Drive. I had no idea you were a fellow Western New Yorker and Bills fan, until then.

Keep up the good work! You make us WNYers proud.

-Brian Fiori (AKA The Dean)

Corrine said...

Thank you, Brian. I'll do my best.